Connect, Harmonize, Publish
Use Prosys OPC UA Forge to connect to OPC UA servers and access operational data from sensors, devices, machines, and automation systems. Harmonize data using information modeling and normalization, and publish your data to MES, ERP, IoT and other IT systems using OPC UA.
Single Point of Access
Having all your data behind a single point of access enables tighter firewall rules and better network control, simplifying your system architecture and significantly improving security. Once configured, OPC UA Forge is your secure gateway for accessing OT data of all underlying OPC UA servers.
Effective Onboarding and Reconfiguration
The growing number of hardware and software items from different vendors in production processes requires new solutions to organize your data. Prosys OPC UA Forge enables a straightforward onboarding and reconfiguration of IT systems and production equipment, as well as easy scaling to multiple production sites.
Information Modeling and Data Harmonization
Browse the underlying address spaces of all connected OPC UA servers and select the data you want to harmonize and publish. Easy-to-use operations such as rename, scale, and offset assist you in achieving your goals. Modeling tools enable mapping and organising underlying data into information models based on industry standards.
Unified Address Space
Once configured, the unified address space exposes underlying data from all the connected data sources, according to your naming and structuring principles. This result streamlines OT data acquisition for IT systems, providing information in the most suitable and standard way.
Run on Any Platform
Forge uses Prosys OPC UA components and technology, and you can run it on virtually any hardware and operating system, including container systems such as Docker. You have the option to choose between a pre-packaged containerised version or an operating system-specific installation, depending on your specific needs.
- OPC UA Client & Server components offer a seamless bridge between your IT and OT systems. Efficient and compliant with industry standards, these components simplify your access to OT data while managing advanced security protocols and information modeling.
- Server Aggregation provides a unified, secure access point to streamline your IT/OT integration. Once set up, it serves as a fortified gateway through which IT systems can safely access a variety of OT data from connected OPC UA servers.
- Data Harmonization is made easy through either OPC UA companion specifications or user defined models. This feature paves the way for smoother integration of your IT systems with diverse OT data sources and facilitates the addition of new OT devices.
- Web User Interface allows for straightforward control and configuration across different platforms, including those based on container technologies. It offers an intuitive yet comprehensive solution for managing all your feature settings.
IoT & Field Connectivity
- Any data can be published via the MQTT broker of your choice to integrate with the cloud and other systems effectively using OPC UA PubSub.
Event Generator & Mapper
- Smart and easy mapping of data values to events or vice versa to enable integration between manufacturing execution and automation systems.
- Collect and store OT data at the edge, ensuring data integrity and meeting track & trace requirements.
- Click and connect data points between separate systems, enabling real-time server-to-server data exchange in an easy-to-configure way.
- Migrate Modbus devices and systems onto modern OPC UA technology, enabling secure communication with advanced features.
OPC UA over REST
- Facilitate OPC UA communication for systems lacking native support through an OpenAPI-compliant REST API.
- OPC UA TCP (OPC UA Binary)
- OPC UA HTTPS (OPC UA Binary)
- MQTT (UADP, JSON)
- OPC UA UDP (UADP)
- Modbus TCP
- Modbus RTU
- Modbus RTU/TCP
- Modbus ASCII
OPC UA Versions
- 1.05 or earlier
- Subscription for Single Installation
- Subscription for Site Installation
- Perpetual License for Single Installation
- Perpetual License for Site Installation
Related Blog Posts
Introducing Prosys OPC UA ForgeThe very first blog post about Prosys OPC UA Forge. The article introduces the main features and functionalities of the OPC UA Forge software.
Learn about OPC UA Forge
Request more information by clicking the link below